Looking through widow eyes (from my facebook page)


Before I friend someone I don't know I always go to their page, read their info, see if we have anything in common. I always look at their pictures, too, especially if my new friend is a widow(er). That is when I see the "before" pictures.  Before pictures with smiling faces, handsome husbands, gentle fathers, family vacations, years gone by and such. Mostly in these pictures I see the love that was shared.  


And then there are the "after" pictures, although usually there are very few of those. When I look at those, even if the person is smiling, I can still see the sadness, the pain, the loss in the eyes...I call those "widow eyes". I too have widow eyes and I see the world in a different way when I look through them.  Sometimes I wish I was blind.